My ~3 month follow up to Installing Bell Fibre Internet is due and there’s not really a whole lot to say.
- I’ve had no outages and no technical issues between Bell’s CO and my own router.
- Latency and bandwidth seem stable and consistent with what I’ve paid for, when measured. I plan on gathering data and publishing some analysis in the future.
- The price is about the same as what I paid TSI for a lower bandwidth cable service.
- The hardware is aimed primarily at bundling Internet and entertainment, but it works.
- There is an acceptable method of configuring the modem to act as a pass through device so I can manage my home network using my Turris Omnia router.
- Bell is difficult to deal with and likes to obfuscate their billing details.
So, I suppose this is to say that I’ve gotten more or less what I expected in the best case scenario.
In summary: It’s great to have a highly reliable fibre service into my home. It’s also a shame that Canada’s telecommunications industry is so moribund that Bell isn’t forced to do a better job. I have no complaints, just laments!