In a continuation of the theme, The 8-Bit Guy’s “Commodore History Part 3 – The Commodore 64” is great technical breakdown of the second computer I ever used. It’s really interesting to understand the technical reasons for the various features and limitations of a computer that you used as a child. The 8-Bit Guy’s channel in general is quite good, it’s particularly interesting if you have a technical background but aren’t really familiar with the specs and conventions of late 1970s to mid-1980s home computing.
The whole series is quite interesting as a walk-through of Commodore and personal computing from the perspective of a really important platform that didn’t survive in the market.
- Commodore History Part 1 – The PET
- Commodore History Part 2 – The VIC 20
- Commodore History Part 3 – The Commodore 64 (above video)
- Commodore History Part 4 – The Plus4, C16, and C116
- Commodore History Part 5 – The C128